Calling all literature lovers: the Bookmarks Festival of Books and Authors is your chance to meet beloved authors, explore new genres, and meet other fellow bookworms. The festival is open to all ages and is free to attend.
Keep reading for what you should know.
Where it’s happening
- Rain or shine, the festival will take place on Saturday, Sept. 23.
- Activities are planned on Spruce and Poplar Streets and Holly Avenue in downtown Winston-Salem (in and around the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts).
- Morning Keynote starts at 9:30 a.m. at First Baptist Church at 501 W. 5th St.
- Events are scheduled at Calvary Moravian Church, Hanesbrands Theatre, Reynolds Place, Footnote, and the kids stage at Winston Square Park.
- Use the full schedule and map to plan your day.
Where to park
- Park for free at First Baptist Church, the corner of 6th and Poplar Streets, and the Flow Visitor Lot #2 on Spruce Street.
- Street parking is available at 2nd & Spruce Streets, and on 4th, 5th, and Spring Streets.
- Pay to park in nearby parking decks.
- Handicap parking is available on Poplar Street.
Meet the authors
The festival will feature panels and meet-and-greets with 50 up-and-coming + well-known authors.
To get your book signed:
- Buy a copy from the Bookmarks bookstore off West 4th Street. It will be open Saturday from 10 a.m. - 9 p.m.
- Purchase a copy from the bookstore tent on Holly Avenue.
- Bring a copy from home.