Unlock your inner child this February with a performance of “Solstice: A Winter Circus Experience” in Winston-Salem. The circus show features eight acrobatic acts as it tells the story of a character who has lost his inner light.
The cast features seven artists with a mix of local and national performers + creatives from Activate Entertainment, a Triad company. Some acts include balancing on canes, juggling, cyr wheels, and Chinese pole. Not that we’re bragging but Activate Entertainment is the only NC company to perform a Chinese pole, so it’s a one-of-a-kind show.
This year, attendees can expect new scenes, more acrobatics, and new characters. The show is appropriate for the whole family. It doesn’t use language so it’s also great for those who are hard of hearing or non-English speakers.
Here’s what to know about the show before you go:
- The show takes place on the first floor of the Milton Rhodes Center for the Arts in Reynolds Place Theatre.
- The show runs 75 minutes and does not include an intermission.
- There are five shows between Friday, Feb. 16 and Sunday, Feb.18, including two matinees.
- Tickets start at $24.50 (plus taxes and fees).
- Premium tickets include seats closest to the stage + access to an exclusive meet-and-greet with performers after the show.