Do you have the best looking lawn in Winston-Salem — or know someone who does? The city of Winston-Salem’s Neighborhood Services Department is accepting nominations for its first-ever Fall Beautification Challenge.
Properties that will be considered are those that have improved the appearance of the neighborhood through decorative landscaping, porch decor, or renovations. They must be in city limits to qualify. Submissions will be judged in five categories:
- Professionally maintained residential landscape
- Non-professionally maintained residential landscape
- Community Improvement Award (this award will only go to registered neighborhood associations)
- Community Garden Landscape Award
- Special Acknowledgment Award
Awards will be chosen for each category in each of the city’s eight wards. Nominations will be accepted online or through email until Monday, Oct. 30. Photos are required for submissions — and before-and-after snapshots are encouraged.
Winners will be announced in November. There’s no monetary prize but bragging rights might be even better.