It’s been a year since Atrium Health leaders broke ground on the upcoming $450 million care tower located on the campus of Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
Here’s what to expect:
- Upgraded emergency department
- State-of-the-art operating rooms
- Enhanced adult intensive care units
- Larger and brighter rooms with more natural light and increased privacy
- New outdoor green space to promote wellness and healing and reduce stress on patients, their families and staff.
This investment is part of a larger effort by Atrium Health leaders, who plan to invest nearly $3.4 billion into the Winston-Salem area over the next nine years, creating additional jobs in the region.
The care tower project is expected to be fully completed in 2026.