RiverRun International Film Festival’s popular RiverRun Retro program is back this October, just in time for spooky season. Brave moviegoers will get the chance to see two horror classics on the big screen at Marketplace Cinemas (2095 Peters Creek Pkwy). Here’s what’s showing when:
“Eyes Without a Face” on Saturday, Oct. 14
- The French film released in 1960 has English subtitles.
- Renata Jackson, a film historian at UNC School of the Arts, will introduce the film.
- The movie is set in the French countryside. It focuses on an obsessive doctor’s attempts to restore his daughter’s face after her disfigurement.
“King Kong” on Saturday, Oct. 21
- The first film in the “King Kong” franchise is celebrating 90 years.
- Woodrow Hood, Wake Forest University’s Director of Film Studies, will introduce the film.
- The movie tells the story of a giant ape who attempts to possess a young woman.
Both showings start at 8 p.m. Tickets are $12 and can be purchased online.