Now more than ever, data shows that consumers are experimenting with what it means to be “sober curious.” The result has been a spike in sales of non-alcoholic beverages and a declining interest in alcoholic drinks.
Here are a few stand-out stats:
- Total dollar sales of non-alcoholic beverages grew by 20.6% between August 2021 and 2022. Non-alcoholic beer accounted for 85.3% of those sales.
- 36% of US consumers reported to have “lost interest in drinking alcohol in general” while 13% reported to be “interested in alternative non-alcoholic beverages.”
- Sales of non-alcoholic beer, wine, and spirits rose from 0.22% of total alcohol sales in the US in 2018 to 0.47% in 2022.
- Global Market Share predicts that the non-alcoholic drinks market will grow to $30 billion by 2025.
Wanna know where you can enjoy a mocktail in Winston-Salem? These are some of the local spots we love + what to drink there:
- Joyner’s Bar| “Peach Frizz” combines spiced peach syrup, cream and lemon | “Keep it a buck” combines cranberry, cinnamon syrup, lime and ginger beer.
- East of Texas | “Paloma” combines agave, grapefruit, lime and soda water.
- Fair Witness | “The Donna” combines tangerine, black pepper, soda water, strawberry and basil.
- The Katharine Brasserie & Bar | “Espresso Martini” combines Lyres coffee originale, fresh espresso and cream.
- Vintage Sofa Bar also offer a full mocktail menu which varies every season. Easy Talk owners tell us “The Phony Negroni” has been a big hit this season.
Did we miss your favorite mocktail spot? Let us know.