October is NC Beer Month, so we’re raising a glass to craft creations from Winston-Salem breweries. They’re spots known for more than just beer — with activities and events that create community.
- Fiddlin’ Fish Brewing Company, 772 Trade St. NW | Some of the beers pay homage to areas of Winston-Salem and the taproom features reclaimed architectural elements from around the city. Take part in music bingo every Thursday starting at 7 p.m.
- Foothills Brewing, 638 W. 4th St. | The company has been brewing since 2005 and its Sexual Chocolate Imperial Stout usually sells out within days. Taste offerings during Sunday Jazz weekly from 5-8 p.m.
- Hoots Beer Co., 840 Mill Works St., Ste. 110 | The brewery is celebrating 10 years of making what it calls “blue collar brews.” Hoots Roller Bar serves $6 pickleback shots + has video games on Wednesdays beginning at 6 p.m.
- Incendiary Brewing Company, 486 N. Patterson Ave., Ste. 105 | The brewery opened across from Bailey Park in 2018. Its Coalpit Live Music Series draws big crowds to Innovation Quarter. A second location also serves customers in Lewisville.
- Joymongers Barrel Hall, 480 West End Blvd. | The brewery is one of few nationwide to use bourbon and wine barrels in its beer production. Live musicians perform every Friday and Saturday night.
- Lesser-Known Beer Co., 901 S. Broad St. | Its Czech-inspired Pale lager “the 12" is brewed with Moravian Pilsner malt and is poured directly from horizontal lagering tanks.
- Radar Brewing Company, 216 E. 9th St. | The co-owners worked in other breweries before opening their own taproom in 2020. Enjoy yoga in the beer garden every Wednesday at 6:30 p.m.
- Small Batch Beer Co., 241 W. 5th St. | What started as a nano brewery in 2014 has turned into a full restaurant and bar that serves 13 beers on tap. Play trivia on Wednesdays at 7 p.m.
- Wise Man Brewing, 826 Angelo Bros. Ave. | Three friends — a chemist, an accountant, and a lawyer — opened the space in 2017 and offers more than 20 selections. The brewery hosts food trucks daily.