How to use CityLink 311

There are several ways to get in touch with local representatives who can answer your questions, listen to concerns, and submit requests for service.


CityLink handles issues around street lights and stoplights.

Photo by WStoday

Table of Contents

CityLink 311 can help you be a better citizen. The service is available to answer your questions and concerns about city operations and services — and you can report issues you’ve encountered around town. Here’s a breakdown of how you can get in touch to get things done.

The division has been in existence since 2007. It began as a way to manage citizens’ questions or concerns about services, programs, events, or to initiate a request for service. It supports many city departments and is where all non-emergency calls are directed.

What can it solve?

Local representatives are trained to answer questions or, in some cases, initiate work orders for repairs or services. If you have any of the following concerns, they can help with:

  • Missed garbage or recycling collections
  • How and what to recycle
  • Dead animal collection
  • Sidewalk, pothole, or street light repairs
  • Questions about city ordinances or city offices
  • Bulk item + brush collection
  • Requests for new water service
  • Malfunctioning traffic signals
  • Filing a code violation

How to get connected

There are several ways to communicate with CityLink representatives. The number to call is 336-727-8000 — or you can dial 311 in some instances within city limits.

WStoday_municipal building

CityLink representatives work on the ground level.

Photo by WStoday

You can also send questions via text at 855-481-LINK. You’ll be redirected to a screen where you can receive a response via email. The city’s website offers a live chat feature, or you can email staff.

The CityLink 311 app is free to download from the App Store or Google Play. It allows you to create a service request, which you can do anonymously, and upload pictures.

When are staff available?

CityLink is staffed 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, except on holidays. If you need assistance outside of operating hours and your request will be reviewed the next business day. Callers in need of immediate police or fire services should call 911.